Tuesday 29 June 2010

I think im packed...maybe...i hope

Less than 24 hours before I leave now and im sitting at my laptop over looking two backpacks that look ready to burst. I promised myself I would be able to pack light this time cause I knew what was worth bringing and what was not. That was a great plan, completely shot out of the sky by the increased amounts of personal first aid kit being brought this year, and photography equipment. Believe it or not i've squeezed both a mono and tripod into my 22kg hold bag. Why is it I have this unnerving feeling I've forgotten to pack something? I do know I've got all the team leadery things I need, like everyones flight details, money, my own flight details, passport, work permit stuff, vaccine card, bank cards to name but a few...

Emirates are a great airline, they give you 30kg as an economy passenger!!! which is all well....but when you in a position like mine that involves flying into london to get on the emirates flight, you need to make sure your bag is a mere 23kg!! Though this does means I can go on a shopping spree for books once I arrive in Heathrow :-D or taking care of the excess first aid kit that results from not everybody leaving space in their bags for it!

Maddie is already in africa now, and has been for the last few days, I'm sure she'll get round to a post once shes finished sorting all the odd jobs in preparation for our arrival on friday.

Can't wait for the next few days to be over with now and be able to catch my breath and relax just a little knowing that everyone has arrived in Moshi safe and sound!