Friday 18 June 2010

Falling into place

A little over a week now till we start jet setting down the world. Fortunately everything has begun to fall into place, I say fortunately because I think my sanity was going to be damaged on a permanent basis otherwise.

Hassle with various high commissions round the world over the issue of the correct business visa for volunteers has been sorted. Flights are all booked. And my order of First Aid kit has finally been dispatched to me (cutting it a bit close its meant to turn up 3 business days before I leave!!)

However its nice to be winding things up on my placement, even if that does mean running around the lab tidying up and labelling lots of little bottle that look like they contain the same white/brown foam. Good news the report is behind me though! and I finish in a weeks time. Its hard to believe 12 months has flown by that fast, though can't complain too much really when my colleagues get to continue watching the beautful sunny weather from the wrong side of the window in our lab. whilst I'm running around the Kilimanjaro region having a blast with my team!

I do wish for it to be 2 weeks time now though, as that will mean all the traveling is behind me and everyones adjusting to life on swahili time! Im sure playing hide and seek with my volunteers at the airport will leave me a tad on the edge by the time we get on our flight, though we do have the wonderful company of Nicola and her Brum lot. :-) serious packing next week and then a couple of days running around like a headless chicken wondering what important thing I have not packed. Its always the case! (least when im camping or hiking it is, leading me to be a practice carver of things like wooden spoons!)